A PICTURE PERFECT SMILE WITH
Porcelain Dental Veneers
Cosmetic veneers are a safe and highly effective way to improve your smile by altering the shade, shape, and size of your teeth.
Veneers by nature are minimally invasive, requiring only a small amount of enamel removal. Thin porcelain shells are then created either in house or by a high-quality lab that are then bonded to your teeth to give you the smile of your dreams! This procedure can be done in as little as one visit. Good candidates for this procedure typically do not have any decay on the teeth that are going to be treated and minimal crowding. We offer complimentary consultations for veneers so schedule today to learn more!
A crown, otherwise known as a cap, is custom-fitted to your bite and is placed over your natural tooth or dental implant. We recommend this procedure for those who have an intact tooth without root rot. The tooth may be damaged or decayed on the surface. Crowns are implicated for fractured teeth, teeth that have extensive decay, teeth that have been treated by root canal therapy, and to restore dental implants.
To replace a missing tooth that has neighboring teeth with decay and/or large fillings, or a tooth that has been missing for a long time (i.e., with gum recession around the area), we recommend bridges as opposed to dental implants.
If you’re looking to cosmetically correct or enhance the appearance of one or more teeth, we suggest veneers. They are very thin, porcelain or resin shells that you can customize in color and shape. They are non-invasive and are resistant to future stains.
Our process for cosmetic veneers involves diagnostic impressions prior to beginning treatment. These models allow you to visualize what your restorations will look like at completion and enable us to fabricate the ideal provisional veneers for you while the lab fabricates the final product.
Procedure for Crown & Bridge:
- At the first appointment, we will reduce the problematic tooth for a proper crown fit
- An impression will be taken of your bite for crown fabrication
- We will fit you with a temporary crown until the lab makes your permanent one
- You will come in again for permanent crown fitting after 10-14 business days, often sooner.
- The color of porcelain prosthetics can then be customized.
Types of Bridges:
- Traditional — Caps are bonded over teeth that lie on either side of the missing one
- Cantilever — Cap is bonded over a single tooth next to the missing one
- Resin-bonded — Porcelain or plastic teeth with gums that are supported by metal “wings”.
Common uses for veneers:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Misshapen or irregular teeth
- Teeth that do not respond to traditional whitening treatments.