We are excited to highlight our exceptional team members! To kick this series off, we're thrilled to introduce Michelle Akins, the Director of Operations for brush365. We asked her a series of questions so you could learn a little bit more about her!
Michelle Akins, Director of Operations
1. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Michelle Akins and I am the Director of Operations for brush365. I have spent the past 13 years in the dental field and absolutely love working with our team and patients! I have five grown children (3 boys and 2 girls) and am about to be a grandmother! Yayyyy!! I have a wonderful life partner, Steve. He and I share a rescue puppy, Hollis, who is the greatest dog ever!
2. What do you love about working at brush365?
There is no doubt that the team we have built at brush365 makes coming to work each day like spending time with your extended family! We are very proud of our company culture and even our patients can feel the difference. Being able to provide exceptional clinical outcomes, legendary customer service, and true dentistry with integrity allows me to go home each day feeling incredibly satisfied personally and professionally.
3. What do you like to do for fun?
Steve and I are both professional SCUBA diving instructors and spend most weekends teaching people the wonders of that sport! 99% of our vacations revolve around SCUBA too!
4. Would you rather have a private chef cook all of your meals for the whole year and never go out to a restaurant/fast food or only be able to eat restaurants/fast food for every meal with all expenses paid?
I would much rather have a private chef! I really enjoy cooking but with my busy schedule I find it hard to make the time.
5. What is your morning routine?
A few minutes of peace and quiet coupled with a cup (or 3) of coffee! I like to scroll through social media and the news.
6. How do you think your team would describe you?
I think they would all agree that I have very high expectations! Not much gets past me! lol! I am very invested in their success, though, and try to provide as much support as possible.
7. What's your favorite thing about your team?
The way they feel about brush365 and each other! You cannot underestimate the power of a happy team.
8. What would your dream vacation be?
Anywhere near healthy reefs that Steve and I can dive. True perfection would be bringing along the personal chef from the previous question. Hahaha
9. What's your advice for someone who is looking to do what you do?
Be a student of our industry. Read, read, read! Understand what dentistry can be...not just what you know it to be.
10. Complete this sentence: I could never live without my _______.
Coffee!! I may survive, but I can't guarantee anyone around me would.